Hi-Tech (AEM) Pte Ltd (Company Registration No. 199205407G) (“Hi-Tech” or “ We”) are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected in your use and/or access of our website (referred to herein as “this website”).
How we, through this website and any forms for submission of personal data on this website, use the information we collect, whether such information are personal to or able to identify you, or otherwise;
- How you may instruct us if you prefer to limit the use of that information; and
- The procedures that we have to safeguard your privacy.
The information that we collect and store during your visit to this website is meant to monitor use of this website and to help its further development. Visiting the website alone does not result in any personally identifiable data being collected or stored.
The purposes for which we collect, use and/or transfer such information include:
- to identify you and your activities on our website, including your purchase of the products and services we offer, including promotional and other offers and home delivery service (collectively, the “Products and Services”);
- to provide you with any information, products or services that you may request or require, or assist in determining the appropriate Products and Services for you;
- to respond to your feedback or queries;
- if you have subscribed to an email list, to send information about us and/or our Products and Services to your e-mail address;
- for the administration
- operation and/or internal purposes such as auditing, book-keeping and preparation of financial reports (including disclosure to auditors), data analysis, and research to improve our products, services, advertising, communications and other customer-related activities;
- for administrative, operation and/or internal purposes such as auditing, book-keeping and preparation of financial reports (including disclosure to auditors), crime or loss prevention, anti-fraud, data analysis, and research to improve our Products and Services, advertising, communications and other customer-related activities;
- to process any registration;
- to troubleshoot problems;
- for enrolment in promotional activities (such as lucky draws), statistical analyses, marketing and/or survey participation conducted by us from time to time;
- to resolve any disputes;
- in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale or other corporate action, to facilitate or as part of such corporate action; and/or
- in relation to any purchase or order of our products, to facilitate and/or process any such purchase or order (including billing, payment and settlement, delivery or collection of the products, etc), whether by Hi-Tech or service providers to the Hi-Tech.
We may also collect, use, transfer and/or disclose data that does not, on its own, directly associate with any specific person, for any purpose. Such non-personal information may include referral URL, unique device identifier, location, time zone where this website is accessed, search queries, etc. If we do combine non-personal information with personal information, the combine information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
We may also gather some information automatically and store it in log files, including Internet Protocol addresses, language, referring and exit websites and applications, operating system, date/time stamp, etc. We use the information to understand and analyze trends, site administration, understand user behavior and to improve our Products and Services, advertising, communications and other customer-related activities.
In some of our e-mail messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on this website. If you click on such a URL, you may pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on this website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications.
A cookie is a small file that may be added and placed on your computer’s hard drive, which helps to analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular website. Cookies allow web applications to respond to a user on a website. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. The information that these cookies collect is not used to send you targeted advertising or remember where you have been on the Internet.
Non-registered visitors of this website are sent anonymous cookies to keep track of their browsing patterns and may assist us to build up a demographic profile.
We treat information collected by cookies as non-personal information, save and only to the extent that internet protocol addresses or similar identifiers are considered personal information by local law.
Please use the “Help” function of your web browser to find out how to require your browser to notify you of a new cookie, or disable your web browser from accepting new cookies. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-on(s), such as Flash cookies, by changing the settings of the add-on(s) or visiting the website of the manufacturer of the add-on in question.
We will take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date.
Transmission of information via the Internet is not always secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your data while being transmitted to this website; any transmission is at your own risk.
However, we are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. Once we have received your information, we will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. We will not keep personal information for longer than is necessary and will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer needed. If you become aware of any security breach, please let us know as soon as possible.
While we take reasonable data security measures, please be reminded to protect against and prevent unauthorized access to your password and computer. As a general security measure, we recommend that you clear the cache data in your web browser immediately after you complete any transaction/request on this website. If you are using a shared computer, please additionally make sure to sign-off from this website.
As a general rule, we will upon any request from you, provide you as soon as reasonably possible with personal information about you that is in our possession.
We will also, if and where you request that we correct an error or omission in the personal data about you that is kept with us, correct such data as soon as practicable and send the corrected personal data to every organisation to which the personal data was sent before it had been corrected, unless that organisation does not need the corrected personal data for any legal or business purpose.
We may however choose not to provide you with access to or correct such information, in accordance with the exceptions under the PDPA, including cases where:
- we are satisfied on reasonable grounds that the correction should not be made;
- the request for access is frivolous or vexatious or the information requested is trivial;
- the personal information is related to a prosecution and all the proceedings related to the prosecution have not been completed;
- the personal data, if disclosed, would reveal confidential commercial information that could, in the opinion of a reasonable person, harm our competitive position; or
- the personal data was collected, used or disclosed for the purposes of an investigation and associated proceedings and appeals have not been completed.
We may decide to impose a nominal charge to cover the cost of verifying a request for information and locating, retrieving, reviewing and copying any material requested.
If your personal information is transferred to a country or territory outside Singapore, for instance, if some services are sub-delegated to overseas resource centres or if the personal information is required for supervisory, administrative or operational purposes within tHi-Tech, we will ensure that the recipients thereof provide a standard of protection to your personal information so transferred that is comparable to that which is provided herein.
If any of the information that you have provided to us through this website changes (for example, if you change your e-mail address, telephone number, payment details or if you wish to cancel your email updates subscription), please contact us.